On top of our own content, Avenue Web Media brings you the best articles online from other sources we endorse.The following is an article from an external source and as such it wasn't written by a member of our team. If you like the article visit the source for more quality content.
A Day of Pure Insanity
Posted by randfish
I'm incredibly tired. So dead, it's hard to take out my contact lenses (you know how they stick sometimes? Yeah, I hate that). Here's a log of today's events:
- 7:50am - Wake up at hotel in San Francisco, shower
- 8:45am - Catch cab to International Orange
- 9:15-10:45am - Take first ever Yoga class (wow - it's painful, and I'm the only male in the building) with Yoga instructor friend
- 11:00am - Catch cab back to hotel (why are there never any cabs in SF when you need them?)
- 11:45am - Check out of hotel and drive to Boulangerie for breakfast
- 12:45pm - Desperately lost in Sonoma County
- 1:15pm - Arrive at Skywalker Ranch (holy crap is it gorgeous!) with Jessie
- 1:15pm-4:00pm - Tour Skywalker Ranch (including seeing the grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and, weirdly, Jon Favreau, who's also giving someone a private tour)
- 4:00pm - Sara from Edutopia (George Lucas' Educational Nonprofit) gets me a replica Indiana Jones Hat (wow!)
- 4:30pm - Meet Jessie's horse in Marin County (I've never touched a horse before - at least that I can remember)
- 5:00-6:00pm - Get lost on multiple freeways and streets in and around Berkeley (why can't I figure out directions in the Bay Area?)
- 7:10pm - Arrive at SMX West Conferece
- 7:15pm - Accidentally call Matt Foster from ArteWorks SEO "Todd" - feel bashful for the rest of the night
- 7:30pm - Find out my dad is attending SMX Conference (he looks so dapper in a sportcoat) :)
- 7:45pm - Eat dinner with Will Critchlow from Distilled (we miss you desperately, Tom) and Miguel Salcido from eVisibility.
- 9:00-11:00pm - Drinks with Gary & Patrick from Ask.com. Gary, as usual, shows us that he is clearly a far better search engine than Google (not Ask.com, I mean Gary himself).
- 11:15pm - Run into Ken Jurina, but we both realize we need sleep even more than commiseration.
- 11:45pm - Bitch about social news sites with a brilliant programmer
- 12:00am - IM with Sarah Bird (who's arrived safely back from Spain - hooray!)
- 12:30am - Realize with horror that something has to go up on the blog tonight, despite pain in all sorts of body parts I didn't even realize I had
- 12:45am - Hope that Mystery Guest is having a great time in Italy, but miss her desperately
I'm a very, very lucky guy. I hope I can repay that gratitude in full someday.